The working technology behind waterjet machines is gaining traction at warp speed nowadays among different applications, spanning across small and medium scale industries in mining, automotive, aerospace, and electronics verticals.
High-pressure water is very essential in the water jet cutting process. The water pressure can reach as high as 6200 bar which is synonymous to an outlet speed of 1000m/sec. This state-of-the-art cutting process can be carried out by a high-pressure water jet only or an abrasive medium can be added to the high-pressure water to further intensify its cutting power.
A small amount of heating though would be necessary. High-pressure water renders it sterile afterward. To make sure that the waterjet pump will perform at its peak, the water itself may be needing special treatment.
Gleaning from the recent study of Fact.MR, their detailed analysis of the global market for waterjet cutters projected that it will likely enjoy a sustained growth of 5% in the coming years. The study also showed that changing consumer spending habits from the emerging economies as well as the increasing income levels will fuel up its momentum.
The Key Takeaways
- Owing to the increasing demand and production of hybrid and electric cars, industry insiders are anticipating a boost on the demand for waterjet cutters. They also added that it will likely account for around ¼ of the market share in the time of the forecast period.
- Abrasive types of waterjet cutters will continue to mark its dominance in the market with a minimum of 85% market share value.
- North America will remain irreplaceable in its rank as one of the most profitable markets for waterjet cutting machine manufacturers, accounting for ⅓ market value on a global scale.
- Behind the surging demand for regional end-use industries, East Asia and Europe are projected to account for ⅓ of global market share. Experts are convinced that East Asia is going to become the second most profitable region.
Key Driving Factors for Waterjet Cutters
- Governments of many countries from around the world deliberately made huge investments to renew, upgrade, and calibrate their defense utilities in various areas of concern such as aircraft, vehicles, and military devices. This action consequently further intensified the water jet machine market.
- The efforts made by developing countries to adopt the use of energy-efficient and precision cutting tools are fueling up the demand for tools of this type, particularly waterjet-based cutting equipment.
Restraints for Waterjet-Based Cutters
Expert minds in the industry are seeing a few factors that can challenge the water jet for sale specifically the water-based cutters. This would include the equipment’s high energy consumption, high cost of ownership, sensitivity to environmental conditions, and laborious maintenance practices, to name a few.
The main focus of major contenders in the water jet cutting machine industry is more centered on the production of environment-friendly pieces of equipment. This is owing to the austere measures surrounding the wastewater treatment regulations imposed by governments of many different countries from around the world.
Besides, what the new industry players are trying to do to stand out from the stiff competition is to highlight the aesthetic appeal of their product offerings.